Terms and Conditions
All activities on the courses are supervised by a SheCan representative, they will advise you regarding health & safety equipment and procedures. It is your responsibility to adhere to these.
Public Liability Insurance is in place for the activities involved, please note that this does not extend to activities you engage in outside the course. All students must be 18 years or over.
All payments are due upon receipt. If a payment is not received or payment method is declined, you may forfeit your desired course booking, until such times that payment is received.
A Deposit of 50% of the course fee is required to secure the booking, and the balance is required 7 days before the start date.
Cancellation & Refunds & Changes
Course booking costs can be refunded up to 3 weeks of the course start date, there-after no refund will be made. SheCan reserves the right to change course content and venue, should the need arise and this would only be done to enhance your learning experience.
Any complaints about SheCan courses should be directed in the first instance to your course Trainer or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trainer is not responsible for any health or safety concerns once you have attended the course or courses. If any harm is incurred from the training given SheCan shares no responsibility. We cannot be held responsible for any products we discuss or recommend should they prove to be unsuitable or not fit for purpose.
SheCan course are provided only SheCan in association with Ican Home and Garden, any attempt to copy what we do will be deemed not in the spirit of copyright. All course notes and literature will always remain the property of SheCan.
These terms and conditions are subject to change.
I have read and agree to the terms and conditions. SheCan 2018
Data Protection Policy
Data we collect
If you are on our mailing list we will only hold your full name and email address and contact number if you provide one
How we use your information
If you sign up to one of our courses, we may need to contact you directly to confirm event details, or alert you to a change circumstances. In these cases we will contact you using the information you supplied to us directly, or to our ticket booking partners. We will never give or sell your information to a third party.
Photographs and Video
Images of SheCan representatives and SheCan event attendees may be captured at events. SheCan will seek your permission before using such images online or in print for promotional purposes. If you wish to rescind that permission, please email us.
We will keep your details for as long as SheCan continues to run events, and for as long as you wish to receive emails from us – you are free to unsubscribe at any time. There is an unsubscribe link on the bottom of every email.
If your data is compromised, we promise to contact you as soon as we learn of the breach.
Your right to be forgotten
You have the right to have all of your identifying information deleted, on request. For us, that means we will:
Unsubscribe you from any mailing lists
Delete any direct email communication
Delete any comments you may have made on our website
Remove, or obscure (so you can’t be identified) your image in any photographs or videos from our events
Subject Access Requests
You have the right to request a copy of the information we have about you. You can do so by emailing us.
You have the right to complain about how we use your data – you can lodge a complaint with the ICO (the Information Commissioner’s Office) here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Definitions and interpretation
• Data – All the information you submit to SheCan through our website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998.
• SheCan we or us – SheCan, is at 119 Rodmell Avenue, Saltdean, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 8PH, United Kingdom
• Cookies – a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
• UK and EU Cookie Law – the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
• User or you – any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by SheCan and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to SheCan and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services
• Website – the website that you are currently using, www.shecantarianing.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b Email address
c. IP address (automatically collected);
d. Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
e. Operating system (automatically collected);
Our use of Data
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, SheCan is the “data controller”.
6. We will retain any Data you submit for 60 months.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products / services;
c. transmission by email of promotional materials that you have specifically registered your interest in.
Third party websites and services
10. SheCan may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
14. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
15. In the above instances, we will take all steps necessary with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Functionality of the Website
19. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
21. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by SheCan (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £5.00.
22. Data security is of great importance to SheCan and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
23. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and encrypted.
24. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
26. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
27. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling SheCan to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
28. This Website may place the following Cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
29. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
30. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
31. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
34. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
35. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact SheCan by email at email@example.com
24th May 2018